Ron’s No Knead Artisan Beer Bread Ready In: 4 hours
Servings: 10 (½ slice servings.)
"This really is an easy, fun, and fast recipe, and you'll be amazed at how great the results are, even for the most inexperienced bread maker."
1 teaspoon active dry yeast
3 1/2 cups unbleached white or wheat or combo
1 teaspoon fine salt (1 teaspoon sugar optional)
extra all-purpose flour for dusting
2 tablespoons wheat glutton
1 teaspoon caraway seeds
Sesame seeds for topping
1/4 cup warm water (100 degrees F or 38 degrees C)
1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer (warm)
1. Place all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix, add warm beer and water
2. Mix until all the flour is incorporated and forms a thick sticky dough that pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Cover and let rise in a warm spot for 2 hours, until doubled in size.
3. Scrape all the dough from the bowl with a rubber spatula, and place on a well-floured surface. Generously flour the top of the dough knead gently for a few minutes and form into a loaf shape.
4. Transfer to a flour dusted bowl. Cover loosely with a towel and let rise for 30-40 minutes.
5. While dough is rising preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
6. Remove hot pot with gloves, place on a mat or towel and place dough is the hot pot
7. Slash the top of the loaf with a sharp knife or razor. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and cover.
8. Bake for 35 minutes, remove cover and bake for another 15 or 20 minutes until golden brown.. Transfer to a cooling rack. Let cool completely before slicing and serving.